Welcome to the TVDCTA’s Resources page!
- For information about the Dressage classes offered at TVDCTA Schooling Shows please visit our Dressage Resources page
- For information about the Combined Training classes offered at TVDCTA Schooling Shows please visit our Eventing Resources page
- For information about the Show Jumping classes offered at TVDCTA Schooling Shows please visit our Show Jumping Resources page
- Check out all the books and DVDs we have in our Library!
On each page you will find class descriptions, links to the dressage classes, and links to the USEF Rulebook for each discipline. It is the goal of the TVDCTA to foster a safe, fun and challenging learning environment for our competitors and members within the guidance of the rules from our governing organizations. Please ensure you are familiar with the appropriate set of rules before you come compete with us!
We try our best to cater our shows to those who are relatively inexperienced with showing horses in Dressage, Combined Training (Eventing), and Jumping. We frequently get questions regarding the “Rider Level” or “Division” section of the entry form.
- Open (O) designates a rider that is deemed a professional by the FEI, USEF, or other governing organizations (links below)
- Adult Amateur (AA) designates a rider over the age of 22 that is not deemed a professional by any Equestrian Organization
- Junior (JR) and Young Riders (YR) are riders that are under 18 (Junior) or 22 (Young Rider) who are not deemed a professional.
For further questions regarding Amateur versus Open status, please read this handy article from Chronicle of the Horse!
If you have further questions about any of the classes offered or what to expect at a TVDCTA Schooling Show, please contact the Show Secretary at TVDCTA.ShowSecretary@gmail.com
The TVDCTA’s governing organizations
The United States Equestrian Federation
The United States Dressage Federation
United States Eventing Association
United States Hunter Jumper Association
Alabama Hunter Jumper Association
Federation Equestre Internationale – FEI